Cookie recipe & tips
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF ROLLING PIN?
the rolling pin under running water (lukewarm water) and dry thoroughly.
Don't soak the rolling pin or wash it in the dishwasher.
To further protect the rolling pin against humidity,
you can lubricate it with cooking oil
(the best will be linseed oil).
You can use any cookie dough you like, but remember:
- The dough can not contain baking soda, baking powder, etc.
- Put the dough in the fridge for around 60min to cool it before using rolling pin or wooden stamp
- 170-200g butter
- 400-450g flour
- 1 egg
- 90-140g powder sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Additionally: cinnamon, cloves, cardamon or other spices.
You can prepare cookie dough with a food processor or by hand.
1. Take the egg and butter out of the fridge. All ingredients must be at room temperature. The butter should be slightly firm.
2. Mix the egg with powdered sugar. Add butter and a pinch of salt and mix all together. Add the sifted flour and if you want cinnamon or another additive. Knead or mix until combined.
3. Put the dough into the fridge for about 45-60min.
4. Then, sprinkle flour on the pastry board and roll out the dough with a smooth rolling pin. Sprinkle the dough with flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin. Then imprint the patterns by pressing the body of the roller with both hands.
5. Use glass or another cookie cutter to cut out cookies.
6. Put the cookies in a well-heated 180°C oven on the top shelf. The baking time lasts about 6-8 minutes until the dough is slightly browned.
7. Cool it down on a wire rack.
8. Keep the cookies in a closed container (airtight box). You may store it for up to 2 weeks.