Cookie recipe & tips
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF ROLLING PIN?
the rolling pin under running water (lukewarm water) and dry thoroughly.
Don't soak the rolling pin or wash it in the dishwasher.
To further protect the rolling pin against humidity,
you can lubricate it with cooking oil
(the best will be linseed oil).
You can use any cookie dough you like, but remember:
- The dough can not contain baking soda, baking powder, etc.
- Put the dough in the fridge for around 60min to cool it before using rolling pin or wooden stamp
- 1 egg
- 250g wheat flour
- 90g caster sugar (you can also use powder sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of liquid honey
- 125g butter (cold)
- 3-4 spoons of spices (eg. cinnamon, cloves,cardamon)
1. Put butter and sugar into a bowl and whip them together.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and knead all products quickly.
(You can also use a food mixer to prepare the dough)
3. Put the dough in the refrigerator for around 60 minutes to cool it.
4. Take the cooled dough from the refrigerator and roll out with a regular rolling pin to about 6mm (gently sprinkling flour if needed).
5. Use an embossed rolling pin to evenly press the pattern.
6. Use glass or another cookie cutter to cut out cookies.
7. Put cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment and bake at 200°C (392°F) for 8-10 minutes.
8. Cool it down on a wire rack.
You may store it for up to 2 weeks in an airtight box.